Sunday, April 03, 2005

How About...No?

What happens when you're at a point in your life where you either change your current situation, or completely start your life over? Well that's where I am right now, and I realized over this past week that starting over is just about the last thing I would choose to do right now.

Who needs that sweet 216 billion dollar castle in Vienna anyways? And why can't I just keep driving a car around that has easily "stealable" parts? (Meaning that someone ripped my fog light off with a key probably)...and I don't even care about it. When I stop and think about it, I'd almost rather have a worn-in used car anyways...who am I kidding.

I would love to live in a drop dead gorgeous castle and drive an outrageously fast set of wheels...but that doesn't mean I need to. My head is in the air, and I would say that I wish someone would just lay everything out for me and make it easier...but I already did that last year. I hear your re-vamp.

Florida was amazing, but lonely...and I realized everything that makes me happy right now is right here in this po-dunk state of Michigan. I may not be thinking long-term, but do people really exist that are good at that?

I used to think that getting out of here was my plan all along...but I'm starting to think of that plan as "grade 'A' ridiculous." By the way, no, I don't want to bartend at Carino's for the rest of my life, and that definately isn't a part of any of my prospective plans.

Me and this 20 oz. cup of non-stop rock have some thinking to do...and if you have any advice...throw it at me, cause I'll probably miss it unless it hits me with some sort of damaging force.

Come get it...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steph, life is what happens while you're making other plans.

Anonymous said...

...a-leph,

"Now finish the work, so that your eager willingness to do it may be matched by your completion of it, according to your means. For if the willingness is there, the gift is acceptable according to what one has, not according to what he does not have."
- II Corinthians 8:11-12

Jon said...

At long last, the advice you were sure you never wanted…

Hi, well, I don’t know you and you don’t know me, but my mom was born in Michigan and, supposedly, I went there once when I was very young, although I have no recollection of this “visit.” My point is, I’m about 98% sure that the state law requires me to personally give you advice. With that in mind, I’ve taken every cliché I’ve ever heard and combined them all into one giant Super Cliché that should take care of your problem. It goes a little something like this… If you put all your eggs in one basket, time will fly by too fast and the smell of roses will give you that 110% that you need to get you through the next day, which will undoubtedly be better than the last. There’s no place like home for free food and laundry; and never underestimate your ability to look stupid. The only true knowledge in this world lies in knowing that you know nothing about following your heart… um…uh… wait… this isn’t right… I’ve got to work on this; I’ll get back to you sometime in the next 30-40 years when I figure it out, cool?

Anonymous said...

Shit happens when you party naked