Friday, May 20, 2005

I Can't Believe I Missed It!!!

Wow...if you need another perk to this gorgeous city...it's this:

Yesterday my mom and I went galavanting around downtown...rode the metro and whatnot...and ended up at this phenomenal mall...with palm trees in it:)

But the catch is this: We walked around and shopped for hours, only to get home and realize that although we had a wonderful dinner in the food court, THERE IS A CHEESECAKE FACTORY HERE!!!

Yes, that's right, I thought that was only a blessing to be enjoyed by awesome cities like Chicago, but alas, there is one right here in Miami:) (about 5 minutes away from my house)...needless to say, I plan on making a much needed appearance tonight:)

Other than the guy next door who cooks bacon every morning that smells like decaying dead things, everything is wonderful. Although I'm tan, settled, unpacked, and a little unfamiliar, everything seems to be working out pretty well. I'm starting to feel a little more like a local. Preparing for hurricane season and everything;)

But I miss a lot too...:( So try not to forget about me down here...:)

No comments: