Thursday, May 26, 2005

Butterflies

So I've realized that I post a little more than usual, which probably has something to do with the fact that I go into work at 2, so it doesn't leave a whole lot of time in the morning after raging to the school and the phone company, and/or anyone else who's been trying to take away from my excitement since I've been here. Anyways, it just leaves me more time in the morning to post about random, uninteresting things that probably only I care to hear about.

I get to see Joe again next week, and I almost feel like I'm going on a first date again...I'm kinda nervous, but ridiculously excited. It'll have been about 3 weeks since the last time he saw me, I hope the lighter hair and tan will be acceptable;)

My new job is going well, training is kind of hellish, but it's alright. They surprisingly gave me a lot of time off next week, after hearing that I had a "visitor" coming into town. In that sense, they seem to be nothing like Carino's, who would've probably scheduled me doubles the whole week.

Speaking of Carino's, the self addressed envelope that I left them before I left (to mail my check in) was still sitting there next to my check when I called them last night to check on its whereabouts. Checks came out May 12...the math is almost depressing.

I was forced against my own will to eat raw tuna yesterday at work. Well, it wasn't that dramatic, but apparently it is a delicacy down here or something. I wasn't appalled at the taste, but combined with the sight of it, I felt a little uneasy.

My cat loves it here, almost too much. She even brings things to me that she wants to play with. You should see it, she'll jump almost 5 feet in the air for some little wand thingy that she has. I think she turned into a mutant during that long trip down here in the car.

Anyone who knows me at all should be surprised that I actually do "active" things on a daily basis. I've only driven my car once since I got here, ironically the day it got hit, but anyway; I walk everywhere and bike every night. The beach is getting to be almost a "bearable" ride for me. The sunset is worth it. I hope the fact that the forecast for the next 9 days now, isolated thunderstorms and severe lightning, doesn't put a damper on things.

Time to find another bank...hopefully one that will screw me more than 5/3 did, cause if it's possible, that would be simply amazing. I love banks that falsely overdraw people's accounts for fun. Anyway, no use getting worked up about it, I'll just grit my teeth and write another sticky note. It may as well be my new wallpaper...

On that note, throw another pot of coffee on...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sticky notes are the best instant organizer on earth. And the only reason I wouldn't make em my wallpaper is cuz i'm in the middle of the purple stack of my multi-pack.

Anonymous said...

...i'm...so...sick...

Anonymous said...

I love the frequent posting, keep it up. I miss you, and bet I would love the lighter hair and tan:)