Tuesday, May 31, 2005

The Day I Thought Would Never Come

Wow...what a week. I've been surprisingly busy, but it seems to have all come to a much needed end of bliss...after tomorrow.

I finally passed all my server/bar tests today...well, finally took them. Fortunately, I passed as well, so I can now tell you in detail, about all the Mahi Mahi dishes we have on the menu...fantastic. A skill I loved to think I would never have...

Anyways, I have a double tomorrow, two training shifts in a row. Again, the bliss doesn't start until after tomorrow. I won't get out until probably midnight...which is fine, because then I can get back, and get a good nights sleep, and prepare for the five straight days (at least) that I don't have to work!!!

And...if that isn't enough to put a smile on my face, I get to take a trip to Miami airport on Wednesday afternoon to pick up a much anticipated visitor...;) Joe will be here for a week, which will be awesome, though I feel as though I'm still in between that tourist/local status so I'll have to see what I can do:)

My car still isn't fixed...tear...but on a lighter note, I can put my hair in a ponytail which is a plus seeing as how August in Florida has been described as "a month-long heat wave." I can't wait. But I'm surprisingly used to the hot weather. I can even wear long pants like the locals...wow that sounds ridiculous.

Someone told me today that people up North have it all backwards...apparently, when it's hot, you should drink something hot, like tea, because then the heat will be "turned away from you..." or something like that. I don't buy it.

Caleb, if that tea drinking thing you were talking about is true, the fill that whole smily face cup up again!! It's so good once it hits your lips!! Everything will work out for you, I promise. Remember when you used to always tell me that? Well I'm telling you right now... maybe not now, but it will be:)

Anyways, I need to get to bed. One more busy day...one...more...day...:)

p.s.- my cat still eats internet cables.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Internet cables:
Serving size (10 feet)
Calories - 120
Fat - 3 gr
Sat. Fat - 0 gr
Sodium - 20 mg
Sugar - 0 gr
Protein - 6 gr
Carbohydrate - 22 gr
Fiber - 3 gr
Vit. A - 35 mg
Vit. C - 40 mg
Biotin - 15 mg
Vit. b12 - 32 mg

As you can see, the cat may be onto something here...

Anonymous said...

Give me ambiguity or give me something else!

Anonymous said...

why don't you and marsala sauce get a room?

how's that for anonymous bee-atch!?

LEFT LANE!!!