Monday, July 11, 2005

Michigan's Got Nothin on Weather

Well the forth tropical storm of the season is over with...taking a few trees and roofing panels with it, but nonetheless, I'm still here with all my windows and doors.

I'm not getting my hopes up yet, for we've broken records with the storms already, and we're forecasted to have a pretty brutal season...bolt the door.


I think it's funny how the 4 seasons in Michigan are sometimes referred to as: almost winter, winter, summer, and construction. Well, the seasons here can be described as: almost summer, summer, unbearable hell, and natural disaster. Welcome to the state where natural disaster is a season...here is me missing the mitten state a little.

I've been trying to keep in touch with my parents, but regardless of when or how much I call, it always seems to be dumbed down to some small talk, meaningless jargon that unfortunately we could both live without dealing with. Fortunately, I'm not giving up.

I've found that making coffee can sometimes not work out all that well. What I mean is, sometimes the grounds make it to the coffee pot, which makes me feel kinda stupid, like i'm too incompetant to make coffee without screwing it up, anyway, that happened to me this morning and I didn't like it.

I've got a 30-day countdown until orientation...how do I feel about that? Well, I'm not really sure yet actually...I've been debating keeping my job on the weekends, but I think it's going to come down to it not really being worth it. I'm excited to get back into the swing of things though, seeing as how it's been about 8 months since i've actually done any school work...or real work of any kind I guess. I almost miss it. Maybe it's just the idea of being challenged, because upselling fine dining isn't really cutting it for me at this point.

I got new wallpaper in my apartment...it's called random scrapbook bullshit. I got bored one night and decided to tack up just about everything I could find in my apartment that was possible to put/worthy of being on the wall. I've got pictures dating back to high school, and memories I almost forgot I had. It makes it kinda cozy, and I kinda like it. Whoever said being a packrat was a bad thing was seriously disturbed. This decor may save me about halfway through school.

Other than that, everything is going well. Except for the coffee grounds I just drank out of my coffee cup, that wasn't too good. And my parents still aren't going very well. My car's still not done yet...that's just kinda neutral though. I've settled on keeping my hair dark for probably kind of a long time...that's probably differed in opinion. I still get mosquito bites like a little kid, which isn't good.

On a lighter note though, this post must seem a little more optimistic than usual...don't you think?


Is this a feeling of something
About to happen?
Like snapping out of something
I didn't realize i was in...
Was I sleeping?

No comments: