Wednesday, July 27, 2005

You...Shook Me All Night Long

Remember that great song? I was reminiscing about high school days when I was reminded of a commercial for our school's "news broadcast," which included clips of our tennis team, and basically that song. Anyways, people complained about it's provacative nature, and I laughed about it all over again a couple days ago.

I've been in the mood lately, to hear about funny things that happened back in the day, and I actually found myself unusually excited about old choir music again. Guess that kinda thing just happens every once and awhile.

I put my notice in at Marino's yesterday. I was there for a good couple months, made summer rent, and basically killed some time with the job before school....which starts up in a couple weeks here. I can't believe the summer's already almost over with...kinda crazy how fast things go sometimes.

My mom's still not talking to me, which doesn't surprise me. I see a reflection of my stubborn streak in her, and at least I can understand how the bitter attitude works: she won't give in for awhile, and it's basically come down to holding a grudge over not getting a desired outcome.

The weather here has gotten a little hotter, but I'll take it in return for not having to see snow all winter long. I think it's a decent trade-off.

Joe's parents are driving down to move stuff into his new place tomorrow. They're going to make the trecherous drive that I had to make with my parents at one point, and luckily don't think I'll have to make again anytime soon. I'm at least happy that he's got some support in the situation...and that I get along with both of them.

I've managed to stay in touch with my brother for the most part. I found that I almost miss him the most. I find myself with a knot in my stomach sometimes when I think about all the times we would sit through dinner and ramble through entire movie scenes while my parents just gave the both of us blank stares, my mom sometimes laughing a little to be a part of the joke between us. It's funny how much you don't realize how much stuff like that means until you don't get to hear it all the time. Anyway, I know he's happy right now, and getting along with my parents pretty well so I wish him the best.

It's kind of a conundrum when it storms on your day off...it's always nice to be out in the sun, but burling up watching movies and listening to thunder isn't all that bad...


"Take till there's nothing
Nothing to turn to
Nothing when you get through
Won't you break
Scattered pieces of all I've been
Bowing to all I've been
Running to where...

The trouble is...
We don't know who we are instead,
I'll keep runnin' the other way
My heart ain't built to stay...
And the world just ain't that way..."

No comments: